1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Problem with swype auto complete

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by queazel, Oct 10, 2010.

1. queazel

queazel Member

Oct 9, 2010
    I have only had my fascinate for a couple of days but I already love swype. However, I am having a problem with the auto complete. Whenever I input an 'a' the first option on auto complete is ' asw@armysurpluswarehouse.com' which is apparently from one of my google contacts. Since the web address has a period in it I am unable to select the entire thing at once by double tapping so that I can tell swype to take the word out of the dictionary it uses. Any suggestions on how to get it taken out?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Jacki1008

Jacki1008 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Home of the Ravens
    From your home screen tap Settings, then Language and Keyboard and scroll all the way down to User Dictionary. You should find the address there and can delete it from the dictionary.

queazel likes this.
  3. queazel

queazel Member

Oct 9, 2010
    I tried to go through the instructions listed above that go through the settings and language, but there were no words listed there. I finally tried using auto complete to text the web address by itself and then used select all to highlight the entire thing and removed it using the swype key. Phew! Thanks for the advice.