• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with Sync

itscrazy

Lurker
May 22, 2010
Hey guys, I was trying to install 2.1 on my Hero but i kept getting error 170, saying that it could not connect to my phone. So I deleted the sync that I had installed and installed the newest one from the HTC website. However, when I went to open Sync, it would not open. I get an error saying "Unable to load configuration". I deleted the updated sync from my comp and used the setup thats on the SD card but I still get the same error. I have Vista 32 bit. Anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it??

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar experience trying to sync to install the update. Worked on it for hours. Installing...uninstalling...trying different drivers and suggestions I found online. Nothing worked. I ended up going to the Sprint store and having it installed. Luckily I don't have any need for sync since I'm still able to move music to the SD card.

Upvote 0
I suspect there may be something else going on. Make sure you turn off UAC, then download malwarebytes anti-malware program and run a scan to make sure there aren't any bugs on your computer. After that try again. I have used htc sync with xp, vista, windows 7 and it worked fine on all of them. There is something stopping your drivers from installing correctly.

Upvote 0
UAC = User Access Control and this could be stopping your drivers from loading correctly. Here is how you turn it off.

Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.
Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC" . Click on that line.
Press the Launch button.
A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.
Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.

After this uninstall HTC Sync, reboot again, then install HTC Sync and reboot. It should be installed correctly now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones