1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

problem with sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jonastewart41, Oct 6, 2014.

1. jonastewart41

jonastewart41 Lurker

This may be ill placed if so I apologize I have gs3 Verizon I put it on cricket using micro sim no problems. Rooted it (stock rom) months no problems. Then I ran into a sync issue couldn't download anything of Google play had no idea it was sync issue removed Google play redownloaded apk still not working cleared cache unrooted factory reset as well n what's worse after factory reset is when I found out sync issue cuz now Gmail won't add contacts or sync either any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jonastewart41

jonastewart41 Lurker

Btw status on phone now says official only thing different aside from issues is on boot it still shows custom unLock and counter of course aSide from this it is factory and I have removed a worm once or maybe it was a Trojan couple weeks ago

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hello and welcome jonastewart41:)
    I moved your thread into the S3 forum so others can help out;)

So as of now, your device is unrooted, stock, and was a Verizon phone now on Cricket?

Are you able to sign in to your Google account?

4. jonastewart41

jonastewart41 Lurker

No only on browser it is a confirmed phone issue though I borrowed a friend's phone and synchronized no problem am unable to sync gmail or anytHing that I'm aware of n it's been on cricket for months with no problem before

5. Mikestony

VIP Member

I think I understand :) You can sign into gmail/google via your phone browser but not the gmail app, correct?

6. jonastewart41

jonastewart41 Lurker

Correct I can't sync with Google or use gmail app on phone

7. jonastewart41

jonastewart41 Lurker

Btw typically for welcoming me to the forum

8. jonastewart41

jonastewart41 Lurker

Sry auto correct meant ty

Mikestony likes this.
  9. jonastewart41

jonastewart41 Lurker

While still not clear what the problem was hooked up to my computer n ran Verizon repair program process took a good hour but came out all good type for you're time

Mikestony likes this.
  10. Mikestony

VIP Member

Verizon repair process eh? :hmmmm:
    While others (yourself included, obviously) know about that, what exactly does it do? I've not heard of it :eek:
    Did it flash the latest firmware to it or something?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews