• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with Tethering/Hotspot

ziadio

Lurker
Aug 26, 2016
Hello guys, Im having issues with my Nexus 6P. Just a bit of background, it's an unlocked phone, not rooted and I have the OTA Android 7.0 OS. The phone was Rooted when I had Marshmallow, but unrooted it before I got the Dev preview/OTA of Nougat.

The issue is that when i plug in via USB to the PC (Windows), the tethering simply fails to turn on, the button animation imply doesn't move, as well as the hotspot button, it turns on and says "Turning on hotspot..." and then just automatically switches back off after about 5 seconds. It never actually turns on.

I had the Developer Preview of Nougat and this issue was still happening on my phone, now that I have the OTA update, it still doesn't work and its getting frustrating. Any ideas?

See attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160826-093625.png
    Screenshot_20160826-093625.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 181

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones