1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xCMacDonaldx, Aug 19, 2012.

1. xCMacDonaldx

xCMacDonaldx Lurker

Okay I bought a Galaxy S3 (SGH-i747M) a few weeks ago on the Telus Canada network and have noticed something when sending text messages. What happens is when I send a text message after somebody has already sent me one, my message gets put ahead (on top) of theirs on the screen. Usually it only happens when I send it within the same minute as I received their message but a few other times it went on for about ten minutes until I got fed up with it. I had one giant list of texts and the other person had a list of texts. Also sometimes when I get a text it says its one minute earlier than the time on my phone. For example if it says its 1:25pm at the top of my phone, a few times when a got a text it said I recieved it at 1:24pm. I don't know why it is doing this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. moonlitday

moonlitday Newbie

There is an issue with getting the proper time from the network. Seems to not pick up dst. I am on Telus as well in atlantic canada and it was constantly an hr behind . Anyway, manually setting the time zone fixed the text issue for me. My stock calendar however is still fubar no matter what I do due to the time issue. Looking for a replacement.

3. xCMacDonaldx

xCMacDonaldx Lurker

yeah I'm also on Atlantic time and had that issue. I fixed it the same way you did but a couple of times when I restarted it, it reset back so I was an hour behind again. You didn't have any problems like what is happening to me with text messages did you?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews