1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Problem with the calendar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UKCatFan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    I am new to using Android so maybe I just didn't do something right, but I have no calendar and cannot figure out how to add it. I go to the app and it shows a calendar, but when I go to add an event, it says, "No calendars You have no calendars". I have double checked and I do have my Google calendar set up on the Gmail account I associated with the phone. Anyone know what I need to do to get it loaded on the phone? Also, I would rather use my Yahoo calendar if that is a possibility. I have tried searching about these topics, but have not seen anything similar. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. UKCatFan

Dec 15, 2010
    I solved my own problem. I added my other Gmail account that I use for newsletters and suddenly the calendar from my main account became available. Under sync settings, the calendar was not even an option until I added the other account. Strange, but at least it worked.

As for the Yahoo calendar, I am thinking it is not possible and this is probably by Google's design. If anyone knows of a way though, I would like to hear about it.

3. UKCatFan

Dec 15, 2010
    Wow, I am on a roll today. Don't know why these things didn't come to me yesterday. I figured out a way to sync my Yahoo calendar. I gave permission to share and modify it to my Gmail account from in Yahoo. I then used the URL to load it to Google calendar(from the website) and now it syncs to my phone.

Tags: