1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with the dialing app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PhoneMatt, Oct 4, 2014.

1. PhoneMatt

PhoneMatt Member

The dialing app on my phone stops working at random times. When it happens, I can do anything else with my phone- play games, send texts, surf the internet- except dial a number or answer a call. To fix it, I have to pop the battery and restart. It sounds like the Dialer App is corrupted. Can I reinstall it? Where would I find the .apk? Is there an alternative Dialer App that can be used with the Galaxy S3?
    Thanks for your time.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

This is android man just search for dialer on the android market. Someone could extract their apk for you. First I would delete the dialer app data as that is more likely what is corrupt.

PS pulling the battery instead of turning your phone off normally corrupts data.

3. PhoneMatt

PhoneMatt Member

Thanks. for the reply. I always turn off the phone first before pulling the battery. I figured that just yanking the battery couldn't be too good for the phone. I've looked for a new dialer app, but, I like the way the old one works (or worked). It's funny that I can't seem to find the .apk for it.

4. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

Have you tried to delete the dialer app data? Do that first.

Setting -> Apps -> Swipe over to all apps -> click what's probably called "dialer" -> Then click; Force stop, clear data, clear cache.

5. PhoneMatt

PhoneMatt Member

Yep, I did that as soon as I read your reply. I had already cleared the cache, but that didn't work. As I said, this happens at random times. I'll let you know if it happens again, after clearing the data. If it does, I might just try a new dialer app.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews