1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problem with the display and shorcuts.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Exidrion, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Exidrion

Exidrion Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Hey everyone, unfortunately I can't find my USB cable for my DSLR so I'm going to try and explain my problem textually and hope it's clear enough to illicit help.

When I create a shortcut on my home screen, and the application's (or what have you) name ends with a vertical line I can't really make out the end of the apps name, it's kind of blurry and dim-like, looking "cut off."

Examples would be like Angry bir*d* or Flight Contro*l* etc.

It's not really a deal-breaker, but I'm the kind of person who let's little things like that drive me nuts. Does anyone else have this issue, or a solution? Hopefully I don't have to send it back to the UK for a replacement.

Advertisement

2. pcbms

pcbms Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Is this not because there is only a certain amount of space under the icon so that longer names end up being cut off? Personally I would use launcher pro rather than the stock touchwizz as this let's you edit the name under the icon or remove it altogether if you wanted

3. Exidrion

Exidrion Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Yeah I'm starting to realise that's what it is now, because when I put "Gmail" on the screen it was fine. Pretty bad design flaw if you ask me, it looks terrible.

4. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member
    None

It's only a design flaw on the developers part. It's the same with iOS. There's only a certain amount of screen space that the app takes up and same goes for the name.