• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with Theme after install from Kitchen

ooberandy

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2010
Hartlepool, UK
I have just tried switching my theme from the Kitchen. I had previously been using the Lightning Black theme with no problem, but thought i'd try another one out - because I can :)

Anyway, I downloaded the Blue Monkey v5 theme and it installed fine. When the phone had rebooted though swype would constantly force close. Some of the app icons had also changed in appearance. I thought this might be because of the theme I'd chosen, so I tried the Miui Mix theme. Again, this had the same problem with the force closing of swype, but the app icons also kept their appearance.

So I tried to revert back to my original Lightning Black theme. But this now has the problems with the force close of swype & different icons. The keyboard also has horrible graphics.

Not sure why this has happened, any ideas what would cause this & how to fix it?

I have just tried switching my theme from the Kitchen. I had previously been using the Lightning Black theme with no problem, but thought i'd try another one out - because I can :)

Anyway, I downloaded the Blue Monkey v5 theme and it installed fine. When the phone had rebooted though swype would constantly force close. Some of the app icons had also changed in appearance. I thought this might be because of the theme I'd chosen, so I tried the Miui Mix theme. Again, this had the same problem with the force closing of swype, but the app icons also kept their appearance.

So I tried to revert back to my original Lightning Black theme. But this now has the problems with the force close of swype & different icons. The keyboard also has horrible graphics.

Not sure why this has happened, any ideas what would cause this & how to fix it?

Everytime you change a theme using Kitchen, you have to run the Theme Restore Package (first theme in the list) before installing the new theme. I know this from personal experience!! I had the same issues as you. The Theme Restore Package cleans out remnents of your old theme so you don't have the problems you describe.

Reactions: ooberandy
Upvote 0
Everytime you change a theme using Kitchen, you have to run the Theme Restore Package (first theme in the list) before installing the new theme. I know this from personal experience!! I had the same issues as you. The Theme Restore Package cleans out remnents of your old theme so you don't have the problems you describe.

Many thanks. Glad its something that simple :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones