• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with updating android

Tete_360

Lurker
Dec 21, 2013
SA
Hello everyone, All I'm trying to do is to update my android, it's Xtouch X405 (My first smartphone), I tried to update it via Settings/About phone/System updates, but it occurs this error every time: "Network connection failed" whilst my network connection is fine as i can browse the internet and download apps via playstore very normal, please i need a solution to do a successful update, thanks in advance.

Current version: 4.0.4

Hello again, and thanks for each one of you who replied and tried to help me on my topic, i think i found a way to update it, by downloading it's updated firmware and install it, this is the link where i downloaded the firmware: Download_Xtouch | touch the world, I've downloaded X405 (with "C" near IMEI lable) firmware, which is v4.1.2, I've followed the instructions of the installation and used the tools provided with the firmware, but it didn't install successfully as it should ( i can record a video of this and upload it if needed ), So if you know any way to install it with an alternate working method, I'd be so glad and thankful.

Upvote 0
Welcome Tete_360 to Android Forums!

I would like you to have your Computer, USB Plug, not OTG, and Xtouch phone.

If you would like to flash it via PhoenixSuit (A convinced flash firmware tool) or Live suit (A normal), Then download the flash firmware: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nt0q7Lv and http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c0GOnc8

Older: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qWDHFQW

Then I would like you to have the PhoenixSuit or Livesuit installed on your PC, I am not sure whether the older version or newer version of flash.zip have Android 5.

This problem that you have faced is the poor network signal or Google can't reach it.

You open PhoenixSuit, enable USB debugging, in Developers tab after you have clicked the Build number 7 times on About phone.

You plug your USB to your computer that recognizes it, then put the jack of charger inside the charging port, then PhoenixSuit recognizes it.

You click Browse, then navigate to your downloaded ROM for Xtouch device, and press the volume down and holding it, then press the power button 15 times after you shutoff your tablet, then you should have prompted that you have to format or not, Maybe click Yes and your data would be wiped, putting the new OS into your phone.

If formatting doesn't prompt, turn on your phone then wait for few minutes, to boot, then click and hold the volume down button, then press the power button 15 times as your screen is not turning on.

After your ROM have been succeeded, you must restart your device, then your OS have been updated.

How to download from pan.baidu:

20140114204107418138519.jpg

This tutorial shows you how to download the file.

Glad your OS should not bootlooped.

Cheers, Yazan .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones