1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with updating su binary

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Forte201092, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Forte201092

Forte201092 Lurker

After updating the SuperUser, I've been notified that my su binary need updating. Then, I tried to update it, and this is the message I got:

Code (Text):
    1. Downloading manifest... [COLOR=Lime]okay![/COLOR]
    2. Parsing manifest... [COLOR=Lime]okay![/COLOR]
    3. Latest version = [COLOR=Lime]3.1.1[/COLOR]
    4. Checking installed version = [COLOR=Red]2.3.2-efgh[/COLOR]
    5. Fixing database... [COLOR=Lime]okay![/COLOR]
    6. Unpacking sutools... [COLOR=Lime]okay![/COLOR]
    7. Checking current install path... [COLOR=Lime]/system/bin/su[/COLOR]
    8. Downloading new binary... [COLOR=Lime]okay![/COLOR]
    9. Gaining root access... [COLOR=Lime]okay![/COLOR]
    10. Remounting /system as rw... [COLOR=Lime]okay![/COLOR]
    11. Copying su to /system... [COLOR=Red]fail![/COLOR]
    I've rooted my phone and installed BusyBox Free. So, if anyone knows how to fix this error, please help me. Thank you so much!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Hmm. Maybe try the SuperSU app instead? Superuser has been a little flakey for me lately too. I jumped ship to SuperSU.

3. onelovetsr

onelovetsr Lurker

Wow you are awesome thank you so much for the fix it worked after a mllion other attemps wish i would have seen yours first but saved the best for last thanks again :)♥

4. ajbhat1990

ajbhat1990 Lurker

I cannot update the binaries as well , it stuck at gaining root access . When I try to use link2sd , it wants superuser permissions , but superuser is not working . It forces me to close superuser . Also su command is not working at the terminal emulator , I mean the $ does not turn to # , when i type the su command it just leaves a blank line and I can type anything after that . I reflashed the rom again to check , but its the same thing again . Suggestions?

5. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

Are you using the SuperUser or SuperSU app? Have you tried both?

6. gopiprasad

gopiprasad Lurker

i am using samsung tab 2, to intall ubutnu on it , hen i am trying su command it is giving erorr /system/bin/sh: su: not found plese hell me

7. gopiprasad

gopiprasad Lurker

/system/bin/sh: su: not found i am getting when i am trying to install ubuntu on samsung tab 2

8. niteshnite

niteshnite Lurker

Downloading manifest... okay! Parsing manifest... okay! Latest version = 3.1.1 Checking installed version = 2.3.2-efgh Fixing database... okay! Unpacking sutools... okay! Checking current install path... /system/bin/su Downloading new binary... Fail

9. niteshnite

niteshnite Lurker

plz help me fast.

HTC Explorer Forum

The HTC Explorer release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews