• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem with Upload on my speed test after installing CM7-Reloaded

kingstannis

Apr 21, 2012
Okay, so this morning I woke up and decided to take the plunge after reading stuff here and at minus' great site. I followed the tutorials, and I proceeded to root my phone, back up with Titanium, install Clockwork, install CM7-Reloaded.

Everything is awesome...except for one thing, which may be nothing.

When I do a speed test on WiFi I am still pulling about 10mps download (I have Time Warner RR), which is standard. But my upload is a big, fact ZERO. Any connection? The installation of CM7 otherwise appears to have gone about as smoothly as one could hope.

To further explain, netflix app works perfectly on my kindle fire using the same wifi network. On my newly cm7'd phone it won't connect. Total bummer.

I personally never used the netflicks app, but you could have lingering settings that are headbutting if u didn't clear everything in the caches

Or using titanium from what I've seen allows u to back up system files, if u reloaded any of the old system files it'll cause things to not work correctly

Also make sure data is enabled, the network is set to CDMA/EVDO, since ur on wifi the network shouldnt matter that much, that's just the phones network, it should be like this standard but sometimes settings get changed

There is also a setting somewhere I'm having trouble finding for ya lol it says wifi disables data mode, that should be turned off but again I can't find where it is lol

Upvote 0
glad it work out for u but for one thing do not use titanium backup when flashing a new rom. from personal experience when using titanium backup something always go wrong. i think titanium backup also backs up system settings so flash a new rom then using titanium to restore i think you restoring old data on top of new data and someway messing things up. everytime i flashed a new rom i used titanium backup and everytime something went wrong until i start using mybackup that just backs up ur apps and data nothing in your system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones