1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with usb connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Invader_zim, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Invader_zim

Invader_zim Newbie

So recently I changed the ROM from stock rooted to the Venom ROM. Well long story short I want to change to the stock rooted. The problem is now when I hook up my phone to my laptop the disc drive option doesn't show up so I cannot load the ROM to my SD card (I also don't have microSD adapter so I cannot do it that way). Is there anyway to fix this? please help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

In Menu/Settings, do you see the option to Connect To PC? Try that and see if it lets you change the type of connection.

A few other ideas,
    Have you ever used Recovery and a usb cable to connect to a pc? It is under Mount and Mount USB Storage.

Another idea would be to use an app called Airdroid, for example.

Hope one of those ideas works for you.

Granite1 and Invader_zim like this.
  3. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

wipe cache and dalvic and you should be fine if not airdroid is what you seek.

Invader_zim likes this.
  4. Invader_zim

Invader_zim Newbie

Well after trying to load the ROMs onto my SD cars through another phone I found out that it was my laptop messing up and a simple restart cured the issue. I'll just chock that up to live and learn

dustwun77 and Granite1 like this.
  5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

yes some times its the simple things that cause us the most aggravation. Glad you got it figured out and fixed.

HTC EVO 4G LTE Forum

The HTC EVO 4G LTE release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2000mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews