1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support problem with USB Tether GTAB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by antok240888, Sep 22, 2011.

1. antok240888

antok240888 Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    i have galaxy tab and i want to copy some files from my PC. when i connect the USB to my PC, there's no device detect on my PC....

please help me....

thax

Gbu

Advertisement

2. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    You need to install the driver for the Tablet so the PC can see it

3. UTR

UTR Member
    None

Sep 15, 2011
  4. cmcollins001

cmcollins001 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2010
    Another thing you can do is pick up the usb adaptor from Samsung or Amazon or Best Buy. It runs about $20 and it fits in the charging port. You can read usb jump drives, it will also let you attach a wired keyboard if you want, and I think (I haven't tested this one) you can use a wired usb mouse as well. I use mine along with a cheap usb sd card adapter to read sd cards I have from my camera while I'm out. I don't need to transfer them to my computer and then to the tab this way.

5. chokka_raj

chokka_raj Lurker
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Download the file tethering.inf for XP (which is a small file) and copy the same on your desktop.

Ensure that your USB Port is working & then
    1. Use the USB cable that came with your phone to connect your phone to your computer. 2. Press Home, press Menu, and touch Settings to open the Settings application.
    3. Touch Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot.
    4. Check USB tethering.

Leave your tab as it is & do not touch home key (otherwise it will disconnect tethering)

By this time you should have already installed SamSung Kies (CD that came with your Tab) . Double Click the shortcut (or from your Program menu)

It takes 1 minuite to come to menu.
    select tethering from scrolling menu.
    If your tab is properly connected you will get an icon on the right hand top corner, then

click on the settings.
    select your Country (India)
    select your Service Provider (Aircel, AirTel(2G), AirTel(3G),TATA ... etc)
    click OK.
    System will connect to the internet.(You should have Internet Service Pack already.)

I am working successfully from the day one of my Galaxy Tab, without any problem.

Hope the reply may help you.

6. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Actually you don't need to install any drivers on Windows 7 as it will install a basic driver when you connect the Tab to the computer. I recently bought the Tab for the 3G radio in it, and when I connected it, Windows installed the driver but did not allow access to the Tab as no drive letter was assigned. However, after restarting the Tab and connecting again, Windows found it, assigned a letter and drag/drop works just fine. I can now copy/paste to/from the Tab without issue.
    :)