1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problem With Virtual Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chuck t, May 20, 2011.

1. chuck t

chuck t Lurker
    None

May 20, 2011
    I have had a HTC Eris for some time. It has performed flawlessly. Recently I have had problems with keying text messages and performiing other functions that require touch screen action. When keying a text, some of the keys will not work. The keys differ depending on whether I am using the keyboard in either portrait or landscape mode. It always eems to be the same keys. Last night the phone would not allow me to power it off using the touch screen features. Wound up removing the battery to turn it off. Any thoughts on the cause of the problem and the solutions that might exist? Or is it time to purchase a new phone? Hope not, I like the size of the ERis even though it is a bit slow at times. Thanks Chuck

Advertisement

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    It sounds to me like you've got a dead spot on the screen - it happened on my original Eris. To my knowledge the only fix is to replace the screen - there are several threads here on that topic. I've never done it, but it sounds simple enough. It's one of those 'go slow and be careful' fixes though.