• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Weather Widget... Anyone Else?

Skyfox16

Oct 29, 2009
Cleveland
So i think the Weather Widget is already on one of the screens when you get the phone.... i deleted it and then added it to a different screen....

My problem is this: When i go to add a city by name or zip code and hit search, i see the pop up window for searching for a split second and then it disappears and it doesnt come up with any cities for me to select....

so basicly its not letting me add any cities... anyone else having this problem?

mine had the same problem...and my "sync over wifi" was not checked. I just installed beautiful weather/widgets and it works fine. My husband's on the other hand is a different story. His X reports 10 degrees cooler weather than mine. He also cannot attach any pictures to his contacts. THis is is first smartphone and I was hopig for a good experience. Mine works pretty close to perfect- a few minor glitches but there's several things going on with his so Verizon is sending a replacement....hopefully soon.

Upvote 0
My stock weather program is doing the same thing when I'm in alarm clock mode. I'm using Fancy Widgets which updates the time and weather perfectly on my homescreen. I do have the "sync only over wife" button checked for social applications to save battery life and because I don't use any facebook or twitter or other social apps (I just use the websites in my browser since the apps out there are far from perfect).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones