1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with widgets

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by butterphobia, Dec 8, 2013.

1. butterphobia

butterphobia Lurker

Hi all, I just got the S4 recently and I have been having an issue with some widgets. Specifically, most of the weather widgets that I used to use seem to be working. I don't have any problems adding the generic samsung one to my homescreen, but when I try to add other widgets, such as "weather" by Macropinch or "eye in the sky weather", they don't appear. I haven't had problems with any of my other widgets, it seems to be just the weather ones. The only non-samsung one that worked was "android weather & clock", which is not aesthetically pleasing :/. Anyone have any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I can't speak specifically to those, but I can tell you that the WeatherBug widget, which I use, works fine.
    As I recall there are two choices to the S4 launcher, I don't recall the exact terminology, but it's basically 'standard' and 'mini'.
    I wonder if you're using the 'mini' launcher and it doesn't like the 3rd party widgets. I don't know this to be the case, just speculating.

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Make sure your GPS is enabled when adding the widgets otherwise it won't be able to lock on a location and will cause the widget to malfunction and sometimes not appear on your screens.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews