• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

problem with wifi... help!

blkdawg

Lurker
Feb 25, 2011
Hi there,
I think i might have accidentally deleted a setting.
I'm not sure if it's that or wifi just all of sudden stop working.

I just got the phone 2 days ago. Got it connected to my wifi right away, but it just won't detect my iphone's wifi hotspot so i started playing with other setting and I think i accidentally deleted an access point name and now it won't even connect to my home network.

every time i try to connect i will get connection unsuccessful notice.

please help!
this is driving me nuts...

John

Not familiar with how the iPhone broadcasts this but on my Desire, all I need to do is to turn on the wi-fi hotspot which will then broadcast itself as a wi-fi network. All you would need to do from your phone would be to connect to this network using any passphrase that may have been set.

I would say that if you can now connect to your home network you should be asking this question on an iPhone forum as your Android phone appears to be behaving.

ok i manage to get it to connect to my home wifi.

now how do i connect to my iphone's hotspot? it doesn't detect it?
i've tried creating it manually but it doesn't work.

also
should i update to 2.1? i'm on 1.6

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones