1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Problem with xtrSENSE and Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ksyrium, Oct 8, 2010.

1. ksyrium

ksyrium Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    MA, USA
    I flashed xtrSENSE (my first custom ROM btw) a couple of days ago. As many others have said, things have been just fantastic. It's really like having a new phone. Anyway, today I came across an issue which I doubt would be related to the ROM but I don't have any other ideas.

Once in a while I use a Bluetooth headset. When I tried today, it would not work. It used to work without issue with my stock 2.1 OTA ROM. When I tried it today, Bluetooth would activate on the phone but the headset would never successfully connect. I put the phone in discoverable mode but I never saw the headset appear in the list.

I'm not sure where to begin looking but I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has some suggestions. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. ksyrium

ksyrium Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    MA, USA
    Ok, problem solved. I had to put the headset in a special mode in order to make it visible to the phone. When I did this, it started working again. I now know that this is something that does not get restored by the backup. Thanks anyway! :)

3. kar0la420

kar0la420 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    New jersey
    I'm having this same issue. Flashed xtrsense 4.6 last night, it's great except that i can't connect my bluetooth. I don't have a way to change the mode of my headset. What do I do?

4. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    After flashing a new ROM you must pair all BT's again.

5. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    This.

Also, FWIW, I recently installed xtrSense 4.6 and paired and used my BT headset no problem (after pairing it, of course). So, it is not a xtrSense 4.6 issue.

kar0la420 - try and find the user's manual for your BT device online. Every headset is different, but on mine, the same button which is used to accept or initiate a call can be long-pressed to initiate pairing activity. You do that, and then perform a scan on the Eris to find the device and then pair to it.

eu1

6. kar0la420

kar0la420 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    New jersey
    Thanks, it's still not working. Glad to know it's not the ROM