1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problem with yahoo messenger app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Saeidj, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Saeidj

Saeidj Lurker

Hello guys,

I have a problem with yahoo app and the problem is I can't see online accounts in my addlist also i'm not able to receive any pm I can only send.
    it says loading online contacts but it takes forever and never shows online contacts.
    I'm pleased if anybody can help.
    Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MrClueless

MrClueless Newbie

i think its an app error, i had the same issue with this app on my desire and then on sgs2. i recommend you uninstall, send an error message log to yahoo and stick to the yahoo messenger version that comes pre-installed as part of social hub.

3. Saeidj

Saeidj Lurker

Thanks for your answer. I need the app for voice call and video call and with other apps I can't make voice or video call.

4. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

yeah i was gonna suggest one of the other IM apps too but i realized that the video chat would be the dealbreaker. imo beta, ebuddy, meebo, are all great options but no video call.
    u could try going to settings/applications/manage applications/ and select yahoo messenger, and clear data. then try signing in again n check it out.

5. stuiemac888

stuiemac888 Lurker

galaxy S2 and yahoo IM, worked perfect for a year then stopped, wont load online contacts, shows them off line when they are on, sends but wont receive messages.
    Have uninstalled/reinstalled a few times, anyone have a fix please?
    Same account works fine on computer

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews