• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems after Kingroot

funkylogik

share the love peeps ;)
Sep 15, 2011
Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
So I recently went against the grain and used a one click app (kingroot 4.1) to root my OnePlus One (long story short I don't have a PC to unlock bootloader, flash twrp)

Since then (or I think it's since then, it certainly began at a similar time) background apps are stopping themselves,
A good example is an app that displays battery percentage in statusbar stops and my clock widget freezes.
Could this be connected to root? How? And is there anything I can do about it.
Not even sure how I'm gonna unroot it (having no pc) EDIT I've noticed it has its own superuser app (kinguser) installed in system so I guess I could just uninstall that? (could I replace that with SuperSU?)
Thanks for any help peeps and feel free to laugh at me for using a 1-click apk :D
I deserve it

Last edited:
Reactions: THE NOOB
I'm not sure - but one of the root apps installs more than just superuser.

Let's see...

Yeah - time to maybe worry...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60513820&postcount=435
Well luckily a system update (5.0.2) dropped today, flashable in stock recovery so at least I know I can remove the crap :thumbsupdroid:
Root any Xperia running Lollipop [ LB / UBL ]
I know it says Xperia but looks like the same issue. The bit about removing kinguser and how to replace with SuperSU after the rooting bit.
How safe is this for me to do guys with no pc to fall back on? Honestly?

Thanks a million guys for this research :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
Oops forgot the pic of the error while extracting
1434675438124.jpg

Upvote 0
So I recently went against the grain and used a one click app (kingo 4.1) to root my OnePlus One (long story short I don't have a PC to unlock bootloader, flash twrp)

Since then (or I think it's since then, it certainly began at a similar time) background apps are stopping themselves,
A good example is an app that displays battery percentage in statusbar stops and my clock widget freezes.
Not even sure how I'm gonna unroot it (having no pc) EDIT I've noticed it has its own superuser app (kinguser) installed in system so I guess I could just uninstall that? (could I replace that with SuperSU?)
Thanks for any help peeps and feel free to laugh at me for using a 1-click apk :D
I deserve it
Check out the new apk in play store released today "Super-Sume" made specifically to remove/replace KingRoot with SuperSu..

Upvote 0
So I recently went against the grain and used a one click app (kingroot 4.1) to root my OnePlus One (long story short I don't have a PC to unlock bootloader, flash twrp)

I deserve it

Hi, I have a different problem. Maybe it's a better problem to have than yours, I don't know. I'm a noob at rooting.

KingRoot installed for me and I ran it. Root Checker says phone is not rooted. It looks like all KingRoot files have been installed. So, how do I remove KingRoot. I've found a procedure to replace it with SuperSU but that can only be done if the phone is rooted with that particular method. Thanks for your help and insight. btw the phone thus far appears to be working fine. It is a LGE LGMS323 (kot49i.ms32310c) 4.4.2 MetroPCS. Optimus L70.

Upvote 0
Running apps had shown KingRoot running, ( I just uninstalled KingRoot through settings, apps ). In file manager, I still have two folders left that did not remove and they are greyed out when I try to delete them with file manager. They are KingMaster which shows only a .log file and KingRoot which has KingUser subfolder with a .config file remaining and also greyed out. The structure looks similar to this http://zidroid.com/how-to-get-ride-and-replace-kinguser-with-supersu-app/#comment-8930

I am now wondering if I should connect phone to PC and use windows file manager to delete these folders or are there other file manager apps for the phone that I could try. Also, I was told in a msg from the site One Click Root, that in order to insure all KingRoot files are gone I should reflash the stock firmware. As I said, Root Checker, said the phone was not rooted, yet I had all these install files from it and it was running according to running apps view.

Upvote 0
Yes I do not see anything left now anywhere. Before I proceed further in rooting, or flashing I want to read up on everything to more fully understand all ramifications. One question I have on rooting is, I would like to insure the phone is still able to get all of the automatic updates or update notifications from MetroPCS or google play store. In other words I'd just like to be able to root, then forget about it, I don't want to have to continually manage the root. I've never had an SD card, yet, for example and reading about that so far it sounds like things can get messy if you move apps to the SD card and all that, if the phone is rooted. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding the whole process. I really don't know that much about it yet. I went and installed KingRoot thinking that I could just run it once, root it and forget about it. Do all rooting methods leave a process running that takes care of the rooting and can thus have conflicts? I was kind of under the impressing that it was just assigning admin authority like in windows, set it and forget it. That brings up another issue of concern since I don't know much about android nor android apps. I would not want to open up hacking exploits by having some root process running that I know little about. Thanks for the feedback and if I do decide to go ahead and try rooting again I want to use whatever method that leaves the phone as much like stock as possible.

Upvote 0
Never take a OTA update while rooted. Depending on device you could either just loose root or end up with a nice paper weight. I freeze/ disable firmware update manager on rooted phones. Rooting doesn't affect Play Store and apps will update normally. Kingroot and other one click root methods I usually treat as last resort. What phone model do you have? Can look for proper root method for your phone that doesn't install anything you don't want. Newer version of carrier software becoming hard to root especially 5.0 and above.

Upvote 0
As for as managing root a good Superuser app like SuperSu will notify you if and when another app request root privilege and gives you option to allow/deny .I never had need to move apps to SD card but know it only moves a portion, not whole app. Maine reason I root is to delete the pre installed crap apps.

Upvote 0
I have this one http://androidforums.com/threads/guide-root-root-your-lg-l70-ms323.853477/ but I'm still not sure of exact steps. I want to be sure my USB device drivers installed on my Win 10 PC would allow connecting properly should I need that to work for anything and right now LG PC Suite bloatware is having problem connecting to phone. I've tried everything in that regard that I can think of. May just not be supported on 10. I see a lot of people are having that issue. Maybe it's just the LG suite that has the problem as I have no problem with win file manager seeing the phone. If you ask me I am really getting tired of the corporations using us as their testers. So anyway, your saying after I root, I will always be on the c version of firmware even if they release say, a d version? I''ll have to not allow that? Also, I may, need to flash my current firmware since I might want to be sure I don't have anything from KingRoot hanging around. I dunno if I want to try that either since I'm such a noob, If I were to do that, do I lose any information?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones