1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems after reset......

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Purgatory, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Purgatory

Purgatory Newbie

All went well to begin with. Went to the reset button, and wiped all info for a factory return.
    Rebooted - fine. Added the various programs required - looking fine. Well pleased.

HOWEVER, after a reboot, disaster - repeated messages re unfortunately com.google.com.gapps has stopped are appearing.
    In addition, there is reference to (was it play store OR google play?) another problem - the message saying that one of the above was out dated.

I can only think that somewhere alone the line I made an error. Any suggestions welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I have exactly the same problem, I don't think you made a mistake. I tried turning off auto app updates after the restore and it still happens. A few forums suggest clearing app caches for google play apps but this does not work either. Sorry I'm not much help.

3. Purgatory

Purgatory Newbie

My HUDL 2 is now fully working (Hooray) Like you I tried clearing the app caches all to no avail.

I then came across a forum entry that correctly recognised the google play driver as the villain of the piece. Unfortunately it is difficult to get this driver and install. The forum contributor went on the say that the best way was to try to start things off was to load a program that was dependant on google play. I tried several without success HOWEVER when I tried to run 'hangouts' - I was presented with a window that offered the updated google play app. This installed with out any problem, and all returned to normal.
    I would point out that it was quite a task to keep stopping the instant notices that kept reoccurring - and tapping on other items before they returned.
    So it can be done. I will try to find the original thread - and post it on here later
    Good Luck with yours

Tesco Hudl Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews