• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems after uninstalling facebook app

mommurt

Lurker
Jan 9, 2014
I uninstalled my facebook app from my LG android phone. Immediately after I lost all of my contacts and am unable to open my text messaging app as well as others. I got a low storage space warning that I cannot get to go away even after unstalling other apps. I also get an error message that says "Unfortunately, the process android process acore has stopped"...Can someone please help me to get my phone back up and running? Thank you!

A couple things come to mind.
1. If the contacts were from Facebook exclusively, then removing FB would remove those contacts. :(
2. More likely, they were "joined" contacts set to only display the Facebook entry (avoids duplicate listings in the Contacts app). Go into Contacts and press the Menu key, and then Contacts to display. Initially, try selecting "All contacts" and see if that restores some or all of your contacts. If not, exit the app and goto Settings > Accounts and select the account(s) that you think may have held your contact friends (start with Google). Ensure that "Sync Contacts" is selected, and then do a "sync now." Repeat for any other relevent accounts, and then reboot. You may have to play around with the Contacts to display that I mentioned earlier, to get things to display the way you want. It sounds like a lot of work, but you only have to do it once.

BTW, acor IS the Contacts app, so there could possibly be a problem there as well. Try the above first, and if no-go, go into Settings > Manage apps, scroll down to Contacts, and then Clear cache & data. Note that clearing data will remove all configuration settings in the app, so be sure you record them somewhere before doing that step. GL!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones