• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems after updating to 2.3.3

dksdalal

Lurker
May 27, 2011
I have an HTC Incredible S which I was enjoying using untill the day I updated the phone to Android 2.3.3. There are a few problems that I have noted so far.
a) If the call gets dropped (due to bad coverage) then the screen flickers for 2 seconds before coming back to the call screen.
b) It gets sticky when ending a call and the notification in the top takes 2-3 seconds to disappear (it will show the call in progress even after ending the call).
c) I am having problems receiving emails from my office, some emails are taking 2-3 hours to reach the phone
d) When usinng search people widget, ealrier the keyboard wwould come up automatically but now a tap on the top is needed just like Iphone. Which I find very annoying

I would like to mention here that I have tried restoring the phone to its factory settings after updating it.

c) I am having problems receiving emails from my office, some emails are taking 2-3 hours to reach the phone

I have the same problem but its not my emails that are taking longer for me to receive, it is text messages. They sometimes take 2 hours for my phone to pick them up and it only started happening after I did the 2.3.3 update. Its a right royal PITA. I have tried uninstalling my GoSMS app thinking it was that so I am using stock SMS. :mad:
I cant seem to solve the problem and it really really p1$$3$ me off. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hey Guys, after updating to 2.3.3, my mobile signal seems to drop and I get no signal message atleast 2-3 times a day, it happens both at home and work, where it use to get 80% signal. Im with O2 UK. If i do airplane mode ON and then OFF, then the signal recovers, i do this to stop the antennal and restart, this fix seems working but i regret updating to 2.3.3 now because of this issue, any help from the forum ?

Upvote 0
there's no help from HTC themselves, I emailed their customer care line thing and they were like "...yeah it might be your network" and I wrote back "no, sms's still get in on time on my Nokia, the update has ruined it" and that was all.
so yeah
they should look into updates before putting them out to the public.
silly billys

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones