• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems!! Connect 2 A Open Network!!!

AudioFiend

Lurker
Jul 11, 2010
Hi Peeps

Ok I cant connect to any open networks via WiFi, I have set up fine on my home network..Im i missing something. Also i couldnt get this to work with the stock orange 1.5, but didnt really explore why either. As i was ok with home use. I am travelling away from home more now and would like to connect to a open network. I have asked if i need a passwork and username but still no joy.. Is it a safety measure from orange i need to unable???

Thanks

my phone HTC HERO
2.1 Villian 12...

Thanks for the lighting fast reply..
I have tried with an app wifi finder and with build in network finder and like you say i tap the name of the open network and from memory have no error message!! i will make a note of what happens the next time i try...Sorry i have no more info as of now of what happens..i think i just get a hung white screen,but cant be sure..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones