• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems Connecting Dinc to Mac

Macksvel

Lurker
Jun 10, 2011
After looking through the forums a bit and not finding any recent threads pertaining to this, I figured I'd make a post seeking help.

I can't get my Dinc to connect to my Mac in any way other than charging.

I have USB Debugging selected, I've tried dialing ##7764726 and disabling CD ROM in those settings, I have it set to automatically ask me how it would like to connect to a computer every time I plug it in, I've turned it off and taken out the battery after changing every setting before attempting again, and it simply won't locate either the phone's internal storage, or the SD card.

And before anyone tells me to choose the option Disk Mode on the drop down Notifications menu, I'm not even getting the icon to choose an option. As far as the phone is concerned, I've plugged it into a wall charger.

Would there be an issue with the cable being a 5-Pin vs a 4-Pin connecter? I've tried looking up which cable is data vs charge only, and couldn't find any information on this either.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones