• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems connecting phone to computer after water accident

Excusatio

Lurker
Apr 12, 2016
Hi!
I own a Bq Aquaris E5 HD phone. A few days ago I had an accident with water and now the phone doesn't work properly.
- The touchscreen is unresponsive.
- The charging only works when the mobile is switched off.
- USB debugging is off and the phone is not rooted either.
I can't connect the phone to my pc. When I switch it on, the charging light switches off (I guess this means USB connection is not working). I tried connecting the phone to my pc while in bootloader in case it would be different, but I got problems too. If I connect the phone first, bootloading it's impossible (Start + volume up stop working). If I bootload first and then connect, I don't know if my phone is being recognised as the light is not on. Is there any way I can connect my phone to a computer? I know there are many answers to this topic in several forums, but they haven't worked for me so far.
Any suggestion will be very welcome. Thank you in advance!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones