• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems connecting phone to computer via USB

Droid3669

Lurker
Jan 10, 2012
Hello, I currently use a Samsung Epic 4G. I apologize if this thread in the wrong spot, I am a new forum user. I purchased my Epic and few months back and installing the driver software for the computer was the first thing I did. I transferred some music to my phone, no problems, very easy. Its been about a month since I've transferred any data but now whenever i connect the USB in the notifications bar it says: USB connected, select to copy files to/from your computer. I click, and it says USB connected, you are now connected to your computer via USB, please select "connect storage to PC" below to start transferring data. Again, I connect and my phone recognizes that I've connected to my PC however my PC doesn't send me notifications saying "USB device connected" like one you usually get when you connect an external HD or other device. When I look for my android under "my computer" i can see drive C but no others are listed. long story short my phone knows I'm connected, but my computer doesn't recognize anything. Newer Toshiba computer, can still plug in any other device and it works no problem. Id like to think it had something to do with the driver software.. When i search for an android driver, mobile driver, or anything like that i get no results but then again i don't think my phone would have connected if there wasn't some sort of driver for my mobile currently working. Sorry to be so thoural but id rather get it right the first time then get 25 one word responses. Please reply if you think you actually know whats wrong. Thanks guys!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones