• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems connecting to internet on T-bolt

heytango

Lurker
Aug 20, 2011
I have a Thunderbolt that I got a few days after the release. It is unrooted and hardly has any apps installed other than the crap that came with it. Up until July 23rd (I believe this happened right after or soon after installing the Android software update) I had no problems with internet connection, always had 4g, super fast internet. Ever since then I either lose the 4g and end up 3g or 1x, I have no data connection or it says I have the 4g connection but when I try to load a webpage it just stops, the loading bar will be about 1/8 green and it just sits there. If I keep refreshing it will then tell me the page is unavailable (any page I try and load).

I know the problem is with my phone, not the network, because my husband has the same phone and I can have them side by side and his is 4g super fast and mine gets stuck. It is starting to drive me crazy because sometimes when I am out I have no internet at all. Sometimes it works perfectly. At home I have given up and just use wi-fi but when I am out and need to look something up it is really frustrating. Any thoughts? I have not tried a factory reset yet. Verizon store has not been helpful either.

Thank you!

EDIT: I have been comparing all the different settings and stuff from my phone and noticed that my phone does not have an IMEI number, it just says 0. Could that be part of the problem? I went into Settings--->About phone--->Phone Identity to see this. I do HAVE an IMEI number on the back of the phone but my phone is not detecting it or something? I restarted my phone (power off) and now the IMEI is listed.

Thanks! I forgot to mention I tried taking out the Sim card already. My husband did get that update too. I did check the baseband info against my husband's phone and it is the same number. Everything is the same other than the one time I checked and my IMEI number said 0. My IMEI has been correctly listed since the last time I pulled the battery. I basically went through every setting on his phone and checked it against mine to see if there was anything different, but other than IMEI everything matched or was correct. Now I am having trouble sending emails due to "no network connection." Any other ideas?

If I take the Sim card out of my husband's phone and put it into mine will that mess anything up? I have only very basic knowledge about Sim cards, so i wanted to make sure before trying it. If my phone works with his Sim card then I would assume that the problem is my Sim card. Is that a valid idea to try?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones