• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problems connecting wifes galaxy s via usb

hi,
a while ago i updated me "orange" galaxy s to gingerbread with only a few small problems.
now my wife wants her galaxy updating as it stutters & locks up more & more frequently.
i tried to connect it to the pc via a usb cable which works on my galaxy but hers keeps rebooting the MTP Application screen & wont get past this screen.
& the pc says device drivers failed.
has anyone any ideas ????

Upvote 0
Okay this is what I would they then........

make sure you backup all your contacts and any photos (this can done my moving to the External SD card)

I would then perform a factory reset....by:

- Power the phone off
- Hold volume up button , the Home button and the power button.
- When you see the Samusng screen let go off all 3 buttons and wait.
- you should now boot into a menu system (might look a little scary but its fine) use the volume up and down buttons to move and the home button to select.
- You should 1st select "wipe cache partition"
- Then select "wipe data/factory reset.

This will now factory reset the phone...it might return you to the menu or reboot automatically...if you are returned to the menu select "reboot system now"

Now retry the usb cable...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones