1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Problems custom boot froyo 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lionblade, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Lionblade

Lionblade Member

Dec 1, 2010
    So I'm new the the droid family had my phone for like a week. Love it. Had some experience with flashing moto phones. Want to play with my droid.
    I've tried for a few days to change my boot animation to no avail.

I understand 2.2 update changed location to system/custom/resource and Ive been trying to write to it from command prompt. I have sdk installed but I dont know how to use the program so I default to cmd and access my sdk tools folder for commands.

The problem is that the system and sub folders are write protected that I can not write to. I get permission denied. I've read that you can reboot into recovery but then adb shell tells me the device is offline. I'm at a loss. Are custom boot files not possible until a way to root the phone can be achieved again? If there is a solution please explain in detail the commands and steps. I am new and although I have tech experience, the droid is a new beast. I dont have root explorer, wont buy until after my first bill. I have astro but I cant write using that either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

Advertisement

2. Lionblade

Lionblade Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Yes i tried that method and i can write to data/local but no change since theynchanged location of custom boot animations. also tried the alt method but havent tried the putyourboot here program. Anyway to bypass write protection on system media or achieve the same results because that method didnt work for me and i presume because of froyo