• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems Flashing ROM

Chuntsman949

Nov 23, 2009
Hello!

I have tried to flash Warm to my phone a few times... every time i get to the point where I pull the zip from my sd, it starts to format the cache begins to open then instantly shoots me back to the clock work screen.....confused ....any help would be awesome.... I rooted with un revoked

Hmmm, I'm running Warm RLS2 now and I had no probs flashing it or RLS1. Perhaps your sip got corrupted somehow. You could try to save a new copy of the ROM onto your SD card and flash that one.

Many, many folks have flashed the ROM with no problem so it's likely something specific to your process/situation. How about using a different recovery like RA?

Upvote 0
I will try that too... i am also loading them from a mac... it seems that when i download the ROM it automatically unzips to my desk top and makes a folder... i re compressed the file and put it on my SD card... could that be the issue?

Likely yes! The mac may be adding some weird formatting upon creating the zip that Android doesn't like. I would plug the EVO via usb into the mac, mount the SD card as a disk drive and download the zip directly to the SD card.

Upvote 0
I will try that too... i am also loading them from a mac... it seems that when i download the ROM it automatically unzips to my desk top and makes a folder... i re compressed the file and put it on my SD card... could that be the issue?

That is most defiantly your problem... I had the same thing happening to me. Heres the fix!

Open Safari.
Once Safari is open click on Safari (upper left corner next to the apple icon)> then click preferences.
Once preferences open click General.

At the very bottom unclick "open "safe" files after downloading."

That will fix your mac from automatically unzipping files. Once I figured that out it was smooth sailing!

Hope that does the trick!!

Reactions: Chuntsman949
Upvote 0
That is most defiantly your problem... I had the same thing happening to me. Heres the fix!

Open Safari.
Once Safari is open click on Safari (upper left corner next to the apple icon)> then click preferences.
Once preferences open click General.

At the very bottom unclick "open "safe" files after downloading."

That will fix your mac from automatically unzipping files. Once I figured that out it was smooth sailing!

Hope that does the trick!!

Andddd we have a winner!! Thanks dood thats exactly what it was... I knew I wasnt that inept when it came to flashing LOL

Edit WOJO, are you part of the Wojdinski clan?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones