1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems getting s-off on a Sprint M8

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikexr, Jul 8, 2014.

1. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

so I have a Sprint HTC One M8 that has Insertcoin image on it. Installed it to try and get S-Off for firewater, no luck. What are some images that Sunshine would like that I can flash without having S-OFf

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

If it's S-Off that you are wanting,here's the route I took getting there with my stock T-MOBILE M8 (AtoZ from factory OEM HTC M8 stock/unrooted to Unlocked/Rooted/S-Off) :

1) BOOTLOADER UNLOCK via HTC DEV
    2) Installed the proper TWRP recovery for my T-MOBILE M8, which rooted it also.
    3) Ran SUNSHINE app, which gave the phone S-Off, very quick & painless/easy method of obtaining S-Off.

You may wanna wait for EarlyMon or Granite1 to chime in, as they are w/SPRINT & are well-versed in all things HTC/SPRINT.

I believe the SUNSHINE devloper highly recommends that his S-Off app works best on rooted stock ROMS.

Might wanna revert back to your stock rooted Nandroid & start from there.

Granite1 likes this.
  3. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

that is the challenge, i have not been able to get the stock image back onto the device. I have tried sideload, fastboot etc. and am unable to reimage the device. I can get insertcoin and ARHD and CyanogenMod to install but not the original image.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

BTW, WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS! :party:

Check back in to this thread & forum throughout the day & especially this evening.

The MODS that I referred to earlier should be able to get you where you need to be.

They've been an extremely valuable resource for myself & some of the nicest people you'll meet on the Internet Anywhere . :thumbup:

Granite1 likes this.
  5. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

Thanks I will

6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I see your M8 is listed a CDMA (dev).

Is it in fact a SPRINT M8,or,is it an unlocked,Developers Edition,or,another Carrier specific Model?

Granite1 likes this.
  7. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Is the insert coin Rom a Sense or AOSP rom?

Reason being I think you might need to flash the kernel for the Rom you are trying to flash separately.

We'll need to know what carrier you are on and your current firmware.

Boot to the Hboot screen and post up what you see there, that will give us your firmware. :)

I'm mobile right now, daughter's birthday, once I get to a PC, we'll be off to the races. :)

KOLIO likes this.
  8. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

It is my old Sprint phone ( not a Dev version ) I am using it to try other images while learning android development. I switched to T-Mobile when I moved from Oregon to California as the Sprint coverage where I am living is awful.

KOLIO likes this.
  9. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

*** tampered***
    ***Unocked ***
    M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
    RADIO-1.05.20.0321_2
    OpenDSP-v45.2.2-00542-M8974_HM.0422
    OS-
    eMMC-boot 2048MB
    Apr 23 2014,12:53:24.0

10. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

great thanks, posted below, insertcoin is a sense ROM that i installed via TWRP

HTC One M8 – InsertCoin - Android Custom Roms

*** tampered***
    ***Unlocked ***
    M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
    RADIO-1.05.20.0321_2
    OpenDSP-v45.2.2-00542-M8974_HM.0422
    OS-
    eMMC-boot 2048MB
    Apr 23 2014,12:53:24.0

Granite1 likes this.
  11. Granite1

We'll try and get you on a stock Rom. Give me a minute to see if I can do this mobile. BRB. :)

12. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

Take your time I'm not in a rush, working from home today

13. Granite1

Go here and download the latest stock Rom:
    [SPRINT][ROM]M8WHL Stock Rooted - Base: 1.54.651.10 - theMikMik

Place the Rom on the root of your SD or internal memory .

Boot to recovery and make a nandroid backup.
    Choose Wipe, and select Advanced. Check cache, Dalvik cache, data, and system. Swipe to wipe.

Go to Install, find the Rom.zip you downloaded, select it, swipe to install. Reboot

see if it works.

14. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

hmm, i installed the ROM and it seems to have installed, but the phone keeps rebooting itself. suggestions?

15. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

I installed the ROM and it installed. But the phone keeps rebooting itself. Suggestions? I'm going to wipe again and try the install over

16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Unzip the stock rom on your pc.

Find the file - boot.img - and move it to the same folder where you have fastboot.

Get a command window in that folder, and then command -

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Once you have s-off, you'll never have to flash the boot image separately again.

dan55 and scotty85 like this.
  17. Granite1

Thanks EM, that was the next step if it didn't work. :)

Hopefully this will work. :eek:

scotty85 and KOLIO like this.
  18. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Not to beat a dead horse,my apologies,but,just wanna clarify that we are indeed trying to restore the SPRINT HTC ONE M8 (2014).

You refer to the phone that you're having issues with as "old",which can be a relative term. ;)

That,& you do have two phones listed,both which are labeled as HTC ONE M8's,one as a GSM Model & the other as a CDMA model,but,your carrier is T-Mobile.

THX,& again,my apologies for the horse-beating...... ;)

scotty85 and Granite1 like this.
  19. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

Yep I have two phones, the one i use daily is a T-Mobile phone. I was on Sprint ( another M8 ) and I moved from Oregon to California. Sprint service in California where I live ( Sacramento ) was awful so I switched to T-Mobile, hence the other M8 ( T-Mobile ). I have been playing around with the Sprint phone, looking at trying to get S-Off and ended up being unable to get the stock ROM back onto it. Hope that helps.

scotty85 and KOLIO like this.
  20. mikexr

mikexr Newbie

thanks looks like I am back to base. now need to reroot and see if sunshine will work.

Thanks

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews