1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problems Getting To Home Screen!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chelsea665, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Chelsea665

Chelsea665 Lurker
    None

Oct 12, 2011
    I'll try to explain this in the easiest possible form.....
    I recently bought a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8. I hadn't even had it for a month when one day I was attempting to download apps and a notification came up on the screen reading: "Sorry! The application homescreen (process com.sonyericsson.homescreen) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I turned my phone off and back on again and it will go to the page where you slide across to unlock the phone and comes up with the same message again. I've repeated tried turning my phone off and on again, taken out the battery and simcard etc. and still the same message comes up!

I've looked up ways I can try to fix this problem but to no avail. Everywhere says that the only way I can reset is from my homepage. I CAN'T GET TO MY HOMEPAGE. Has this happened to anyone? and if so, how can I fix it? :thinking:

Thank-you in advance. :)

Advertisement

2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    You have a possible software issue which may require a software repair via PC Companion to resolve. However if you are able to get into the menu please follow the bellow steps to potential resolve this:

Main Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu Button > Filter > All > Sony Ericsson Home > Clear Data.

This will reset the homescreen to default and likely resolve the issue.