• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems! Help!

bam08

Lurker
May 14, 2011
I have gone through 2 of these phones. After 2 weeks of getting a new one, my current phone is doing what the 1st one was doing.

It has started to lag. When I click the button on top to unlock my phone there is about a 5 second delay before the screen turns on. My old phone was doing this after about 2 weeks of having it. And my current one ran smoothly until today and now it has started lagging. Why does it seem to start doing this after 2 weeks?

Also my text messages will show that they are "sending" for hours before getting the notification that they have been sent.

Overall I like the g2x, but I've definitely had some problems with it. Anyone else experiencing anything similar to what I've mentioned??

I have gone through 2 of these phones. After 2 weeks of getting a new one, my current phone is doing what the 1st one was doing.

It has started to lag. When I click the button on top to unlock my phone there is about a 5 second delay before the screen turns on. My old phone was doing this after about 2 weeks of having it. And my current one ran smoothly until today and now it has started lagging. Why does it seem to start doing this after 2 weeks?

Also my text messages will show that they are "sending" for hours before getting the notification that they have been sent.

Overall I like the g2x, but I've definitely had some problems with it. Anyone else experiencing anything similar to what I've mentioned??

Are you clearing caches regularly? I may be wrong but I think overloaded caches will slow things down. I use Quick App Manager. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Yeah I just did that and it didnt make a difference.

And some of my text messages from 2 hours ago are still saying "Sending..."

Know how I could fix this?

Did you get a new SIM card instead of using your previous one? I've read where there have been problems traced to using a previous SIM card and that getting a new one cleared everything up.

Upvote 0
Have you tried rebooting (power cycling) the phone? I think there's a bug in the memory management (fragmentation, perhaps, or uncollected garbage) that accumulates over time; I find that my phone gets slow and/or unstable after a few days without a reboot. This afternoon, for example, I tried to use navigation and couldn't get a GPS lock for fifteen minutes. I cycled the power and got a lock within about five seconds after it rebooted. Hopefully the promised software update will address this, but in the meantime, rebooting every couple of days seems prudent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones