1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems installing apps through market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drdoom, Aug 3, 2010.

1. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

Since I flashed some of the 2.2 ROMs, I have noticed that installing/updating apps from the market is hit or miss. Right now, I have two apps that are fully downloaded but aren't installing for some reason. They are showing up in the market as 100% downloaded and just stuck on that. Any ideas? I'm running adrynalyne's Sense ROM.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zamugustar

zamugustar Member

Some apps will not install with the SD card mounted atm. I know Google Sky is one like that. Un-mount the SD card and try again.

drdoom likes this.
  3. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Android Expert

Use adb.

Code (Text):
    2. adb shell
    3. pm setInstallLocation 1
    Will work till you reboot and it reverts. Looking for a place to change it permanently.

Might be useful task for tasker, if it can be done. Have it run pm setInstallLocation 1 when loading the market.

drdoom likes this.
  4. Azelis

Azelis Well-Known Member

I've been having similar issues, though I'm also getting a lot of 'download failed' messages too. Those I can usually restart a few times and get to complete. And this is mostly on my home network, not 3G.

Barrr and Google Sky are the two I can think of off the top of my head.

5. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

Ironically, Google Sky installed just fine for me first try. If I restart the downloads a few times, they will usually install. But that gets pretty annoying. Hopefully adrynalyne's command will fix it.

6. GatorsUF

GatorsUF Well-Known Member

I am having trouble installing Wireless tether, is there any other fixes? It is annoying.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews