• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems reaching Internet sites

Cinque8

Nov 6, 2016
Hello,

I have a OnePlus Nord 10 Android 5G phone.

When I try to use the Google search app, or the Chrome browser, to log into a website,

I am not successful, and I receive the error message below.

But if I try to log into the same sites using the Firefox browser, I am successful.

Are there any adjustments that I need to correct this?

Screenshot-20220514-172457.jpg

Thank you

Hello,

I have a OnePlus Nord 10 Android 5G phone.

When I try to use the Google search app, or the Chrome browser, to log into a website,

I am not successful, and I receive the error message below.

But if I try to log into the same sites using the Firefox browser, I am successful.

Are there any adjustments that I need to correct this?

Screenshot-20220514-172457.jpg

Thank you

Are you using the Chinese or international variant of this phone? Also check that you've got good internet connectivity, either cellular or WiFi.

Upvote 0
Is this happening when your phone is using just WiFi, just mobile data (cellular), or both?
If just WiFi, try restarting your router. If both, have you already tried just restarting your phone? Also, try clearing the cache for the Android System Webview and the Chrome apps. Since Firefox isn't having this problem, at least it's not likely to be a pervasive network connectivity matter and probably just some kind of one-off Chromium-related glitch.
Has this been a long-standing problem or just something that started occur recently?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones