• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems rooting...so frustrating!!!!!

Dreamliner

Android Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2009
I have already rooted my phone once, and had no problems, I have no idea why its not working now...

I had my phone rooted with fresh installed awhile ago. I had to go to Sprint for a repair, so I RUU'd my phone with 1.56 (the version floating around here)

After I got it back, I ran Flipz PreKitchen .2 with the patched exe. When I run the diagnostic from the help, java fails, but everything checks out. (sendkeys randomly fail once and a while, however.)

Well, when I root my phone (yes, I checked 'with google') it ends up with random errors.

I either end up with: 'not found errors' (relating to a command in dos), out of memory errors (once) or it works, but does not reboot successfully.

The phone will reboot to a black screen and I have to pull the battery.

If I hold down the volume down key when booting, I get the menu, then I press home, and it again goes to a blank screen.

:mad:

Id post pics, but my photobucket account was exceeded :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones