• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems selecting downloaded Zedge ringtones

jiggs49us

May 8, 2010
I see there was a similar problem posted back in June about selecting Zedge downloaded ringtones for notifications - but no fix posted. Has anyone found a way to do this?

I copied the downloaded Zedge ringtone and pasted it in every media folder for ringtones that I could find - but it doesn't come up when I want to change the notification sounds.

I downloaded some wallpaper have didn't have any problems selecting them.

When going to change the notification sounds it now asks me to select either the HTC ringtones or the Zedge. If I choose Zedge - I can see the ringtone and even select it - but it doesn't change the notification sound. If I choose the HTC visible ringtones the one I'm looking for doesn't appear.

The ringtones work for contact ringtones and default main ringtone - just not for notifications. Maybe there is a setting that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones