• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems sending messages

MeghannRose

Lurker
Aug 26, 2014
Hello! I have had my ZTE Valet for a few months now under a Straight Talk plan. I love the phone for the most part, save for one major issue.

When I try to send a text, a regular text with nothing attached, it refuses to send about 95% of the time. It will try to send and then a red exclamation point will pop up and it will tell me the message was not sent. When they do somehow send, the person I'm talking to gets duplicate messages.

This only happens when I'm at home. If I'm in town the messages send fine and dandy. But I know I have service and I can make calls.

Could this be due to roaming issues? If so, is there anything I can do to send my messages?

I hope this all makes sense but if you have any questions I'll answer them as best as I can.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones