• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems sending MMS messages to other carriers

Just curious if anyone else is having problems sending mms messages to friends on other carriers. I have a couple of friends with Iphones and I cant send them pictures. I receive theres, but not vice versa. Don't know if I'm missing a setting or if I need to try a new phone. I have the fx zoom camera app. and when I send it's not saying it's a size issue just acts like it sent, but doesn't. Please give any input. Thanks.

I called VZ tech support. I guess they have not received ANY complaints about the issue. They pointed their finger at AT&T since VZ and Sprint are receiving the pic messages. I was told to have the AT&T customer call their tech support and ask why they couldn't receive pics from Verizon.

I just called Verizon as well and they too confirmed they have no knowledge of this ever being a problem. I can receive messages from a AT&T iPhone, but not send to them. Verizon claims I need to call HTC. I have tried uninstalling handcent and use the native messaging and still no help. I wonder if the 2.0 update will fix this. Verizon just told me that the new Droid coming to market in the beginning of 2010 will have a 2.5 version installed. I wonder if that will be rolled into our Eris as well?

Upvote 0
Sprint and Verizon cannot MMS each other. This is known.

Cricket used to be in the same boat, but just a few months ago, Cricket started allowing Verizon MMS on their network.

There are probably more carriers that this applies to, but I do a lot of MMS, and these are the ones I am aware of.

i'm not trying to be rude but how is this a known fact?
my best friend has the samsung moment from sprint and receive all my pictures with no issues

Upvote 0
Sprint and Verizon cannot MMS each other. This is known.

Cricket used to be in the same boat, but just a few months ago, Cricket started allowing Verizon MMS on their network.

There are probably more carriers that this applies to, but I do a lot of MMS, and these are the ones I am aware of.
Known to who? I've sent probably thousands of pictures to my Sister's sprint phone and various other folks with sprint and never had issues.
Strangely enough the only person I ever have trouble sending to is on Verizon! once a month a delayed txt or something so I'm really not complaining

Upvote 0
I've never shared an MMS successfully with any of my Sprint friends. Sprint says that there are known issues with this, and that they don't officially support exchanging MMS with 'That carrier' at this time (verizon).

Cricket had roughly the same statement about this until a few months ago.

Congrats on your MMS exchange with Sprint friends.

Perhaps this has recently changed. I don't know that I've attempted to send/receive an MMS from sprint in several months?

----------------------

Maybe I'm living in 2005. This used to be an issue, I guess, but isn't much anymore.

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2005/07/17/verizon-sprint-mms

I just sent a MMS to all of my sprint friends (a picture of a pop tart). We'll see if they respond!

I do, in general, find some MMS and SMS don't get there/don't get there in a timely fashion. Some carriers are worse/better than others.

*And now I feel old. Apparently I need to assume that carriers will fix these things, and then check, some YEARs afterward

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones