• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems setting up Gmail

Hi

I've searched and not found this problem.

The first day I had the phone I set up my company account, managed with Google Apps. Didn't need to read the manual, just followed the screen prompts, no problems. A few days later I created a personal Gmail account, and set it up with no problems.

For the last few days I've had no luck getting another company account setup, again, managed with Google Apps. About a minute after hitting the sign in button I get a message, Couldn't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer services.

I don't know why or what has changed. I've down loaded a couple of simple apps, a calendar, angry birds, a profile app and a gps app. I can log in online using the same username (email address) & password, so I know I've got it right.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've got the same issue. I can connect perfectly to a normal email POP3/SMTP server, the web pages work fine also (I can connect to my Yahoo! mail through that). But I simply cannot configure GMail at all. After typing the username & password, the screen showing Signing in... shows for about 1min. Then the following message is displayed:

Couldn't establish a reliable data connection to the server.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned
for data services. If it continues, call customer services.
Don't have a clue as to what to do. I've even tried browsing to gmail instead, but it seems to just do nothing on the https page when I want to log in - it's just blank, nothing shows at all (for hours).

Upvote 0
Hi

For the last few days I've had no luck getting another company account setup, again, managed with Google Apps. About a minute after hitting the sign in button I get a message, Couldn't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer services.

Upvote 0
I had to reset my Access Points ... strangely the defaults (Vlive!) created then simply worked. It seemed to be pre-set to some erroneous settings when I bought the phone. And connection to GMail was a breeze. But why the internet connection worked with these error-APN's I cannot understand. It works fine now, both the internet & gmail (calendar, contacts & mail).

I haven't tried the link as mine's now working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones