• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems since DJ05 update

So 2 issues, one big, one not, since updating to DJ05:

BIG ONE:

Google maps will not open. Can't uninstall. Have no idea where to start here. HELP!

NOT SO BIG ONE:

The voicemail button in the dialer on the lower left causes the dialer to crash.

I am running Clean ROM v0.7 and 11/29 test no voodoo kernel.

Google maps will not open. Can't uninstall. Have no idea where to start here. HELP!
Have you tried reinstalling it from the market? Will it even let you? I have not seen this in the Clean ROMs.

The voicemail button in the dialer on the lower left causes the dialer to crash.

This is because that button is linked to the Verizon Visual Voice Mail application that is removed in the Clean ROMs. You will need to add it back to avoid that. I believe you can find it as a download in the ROM Manager app.

Upvote 0
So 2 issues, one big, one not, since updating to DJ05:

BIG ONE:

NOT SO BIG ONE:

I am running Clean ROM v0.7 and 11/29 test no voodoo kernel.

try and delete google maps in root explorer and then redownload it...i think its like maps.apk or something

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones