1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems transfering files from S9 Plus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by madspec, Aug 7, 2020.

1. madspec

madspec Newbie

Hi,

I just got a S20 Ultra and I'm trying to transfer files from my old S9 +. Everything is ok but I have a folder on the main screen of the S9 with weblinks in it. Smart Switch did transfer everything but that folder no.

Is there a way for me to transfer those links manually or am I stuck with loosing them

Thank you ( botch phones run on Android 10)

Martin

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

If they were website http: addresses I would think you could open the folder on the S9 and copy the addresses to a new folder on a PC then from the PC to a new folder on your S20 homescreen.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. madspec

madspec Newbie

Using what app to transfer from phone to PC ?

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

What happens on the home screen is part of the launcher ... in this case One UI. According to Samsung you *should* be able to backup the home screen including folders using smart switch. I'm not a Samsung user so I can't test that out for you.

5. madspec

madspec Newbie

I just talked to a Samsung tech and he says Smart Switch won't allow web-links transfers from the home screen :( I have like 10 pages, shoot me. One way is to copy every url in Samsung Notes then transfer from smart switch but it's going to take for ages to do. So I guess I'm looking for something less painfull to do lol.

#5 madspec, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  6. lunatic59

Try this ... open the link on the S9 and save it to a bookmark folder in chrome. Then open that bookmark on the S20 and save it as a desktop shortcut. Then all you have to do is drag it into the folder. It shouldn't take too long ... 10 or 15 minutes.

Hadron and Dannydet like this.
  7. madspec

madspec Newbie

Ho, great idea, I'll do just that !!

Thanks for the idea, really appreciate it !

Martin

8. lunatic59

Glad I could help.

If this is important to you, you might want to consider a launcher like Nova or Apex that actually backs everything up --- including home screen folders.

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  9. madspec

madspec Newbie

I'll take a look, thanks !

10. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

You don't need an app @madspec. When you connect your Android phone to a PC it becomes a part of the PC. You can use your PC's file explorer to make the transfer. I have no idea if Apple computers have the same functionality. I'm a lifelong Windows guy.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra release date was February 14th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.9" inch screen, 108MP camera, 8/16GB RAM, Exynos 990 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

February 14th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews