1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems: Updating Firmware version 11.04.13.03 [w/ pics]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Passo, May 14, 2011.

1. Passo

Passo Lurker

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade my firmware to 2.3 using Kies, but it isn't working. The firmware downloads correctly onto Kies, but then nothing happens (see attachment 1). Also, my phone goes to a black screen with yellow text saying 'downloading', (see attachment 2) but it does not download. I'm sure it's not downloading anything from the Internet because a speed test shows that my internet is not being used by anything but my PC. I've tried restarting the update twice, with the same result. What are my alternatives? I'm downloading some firmware from SamFirmware, but I don't know what to do with it next. Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. soudy1994

soudy1994 Well-Known Member

gingerbread is not yet released for ace

3. Passo

Passo Lurker

I've now changed the title of the thread. So it's just a normal firmware update - but it's still not working! It says it's version 11.03.13.03.

4. soudy1994

soudy1994 Well-Known Member

try deep at night or early at morning

5. jacksode

jacksode Newbie

Having the same issue, stuck on 0% after download from the internet. I find it hard to believe it is a server error as the update downloaded already. The issue seems to be moving the update between the computer and the phone.

6. poshkid

poshkid Newbie

What is your current firmware version?

What is your PC's windows version ??

7. jacksode

jacksode Newbie

I am running Windows 7 ultimate
    firmware is 11.05.16.02

8. jacksode

jacksode Newbie

Just to confirm the issue. I open kies, it tells me to update my firmware, i go through the backup process, then the download starts, the firmware appears to download to my computer, the screen then says firmware upgrade in progress, and my phone screen goes black and says downloading... it get stuck there permanantly. I appear not to be able to update.

9. jacksode

jacksode Newbie

More Info.

Update From:
    PDA:KA9/PHONE:KA9/CSC:KA9 (THL)
    To:
    PDA:KC1/PHONE:KC1/CSC:KC1 (THL)

seems like this is a common issue.

10. pujitjuneja

pujitjuneja Well-Known Member

We can't possibly help you man.. this is a problem with kies.. You just have to keep trying..

11. krayedz

krayedz Lurker

Try starting KIES as administrator.

12. stomms

stomms Newbie

Oh yes, it is, but not for all regions, only Russia and Baltics...

13. djcurzed

djcurzed Newbie

im having the exact same problem... only it says my update is from KB1 to KP1

Im from South Africa lol HELP!!!!

14. jacksode

jacksode Newbie

My problem finally resolved with the latest update to Kies.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews