1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

problems updating to 2.2 - recovery mode not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chillax, Aug 5, 2010.

1. chillax

chillax Lurker

So I have stock android 2.1 installed on my phone. I haven't gotten the OTA update. I tried to manually update, but recovery mode doesn't seem like its working - I see the triangle/question mark...but there is also a phone laying down right next to it. No combination of keys will get me to a menu to apply the update.zip.

I tried flashing back to 2.01, and 2.0 and updating from there - but the recovery mode stayed the same. Does anyone know where to find the full Froyo stock .SBF files?

Thanks for the help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Android Enthusiast

if you can't get into recovery, how did you flash back to 2.0.1?

and since VZW put a halt on the OTA, you're better off A Rooting or B waiting until they release the new on next week or whenever it drops.

3. chillax

chillax Lurker

So let me clarify - holding X while booting up doesn't bring me to the correct screen sequence.

Holding the UP on the cursor - lets me use RDSLite to flash the new operating system, but that means I need the full 2.2 .sbf file...not just the update.zip

4. kevpan815

kevpan815 Member

After you get the Trangle, You need to hold down the Volume Up Button and press the Camera Button.

5. cdffiremantuu

cdffiremantuu Lurker

when I go into recovery mode I push the up volume and then push the camera button but nothing is happening no menu. what am I doing wrong?

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews