• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2

Shyloh

Lurker
Apr 21, 2011
Canada
I am beyond frustrated!:mad:

I am trying to get my Samsung Galaxy Captivate i896 to upgrade. I downloaded the latest version of Kies. I would go through all the steps,get my phone into download mode(which it's still in now).

But It's been almost an hour and the phone is in download mode,should it be taking so long? Should I disconnect,uninstall Kies and then reinstall it and start all over?

Prior to this I had problems with my phone disconnecting itself....and as of now,I don't see it when Kies is open

Please help...

My phone is on the Rogers network...

Hello Shyloh.

When you are connected to Kies there is no need to put the phone into Download mode. What you need to do is go into Settings > Wireless and network > USB settings. Then select either Samsung Kies or Ask on connection ( preferred ), so when you connect the phone to the PC via USB you will be asked what method to connect. Select Kies, then launch Kies on the PC.
Kies should now detect your phone and inform you if there is an update not.

Hope this helps. If not, post back with further details and I'll see if I can help.

All the best.

Ray

Reactions: Shyloh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones