• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems using my HTC Desire HD as modem

NickPage

Lurker
Feb 21, 2011
I've been trying to use my Desire HD as a modem. I've tried using USB tethering and the Wi Fi Hotspot function.

Both connection methods appear in my laptop's network connections as connected and working perfectly well.

However the problem I have is that my browser's don't seem to recognise the connection. I'm mainly interested in getting the Wi Fi connection working as this is most useful to me.

The wireless card connects to other wi fi networks. I feel like it's something small I'm missing in my Windows settings.

Regarding my laptop's spec; I'm running Windows XP Home edition with service pack 3. The network card is a (linksys) PCMCIA Wireless card. I've tried it with the Opera and Explore browsers to no avail.

Has anyone else successfully got their Desire HD wi-fi hotspot connection to work on a laptop running the above Windows setup? If so, what am I doing wrong?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones