1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Problems w/ Marketplace or Browser on Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by narps80, Nov 7, 2009.

1. narps80

narps80 Lurker

Nov 3, 2009
    I got the Droid Friday and have had nothing but problems w/ the Marketplace and Browser. It took muliple trys to get Pandora on my phone and I still haven't been able to listen to a single note. I've been trying for the last hour to load Scoreboard, but nothing downloads. I have 4 bars and wifi connection (2 bars) - Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Advertisement

2. Scott

Scott Member

May 4, 2009
    Senior Software Engineer
    Washington USA
    As an app developer, I can attest that the traffic to the market has been very high with the new rush of phones. I've read of people getting 50% and in some cases 100% increases in downloads since yesterday.

My guess is that is the problem. The market is sometimes slow, apps don't download--I have personally waited hours (a long time ago) for an app to download.

I have a droid, and have had none of these issues (this time).

Cheers!

3. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    Others are having trouble w Pandora on the Droid

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/14448-pandora-2-0-a.html

As far as the app store, make sure you are using WiFi (you said you were). I was in a Verizon store Saturday morning at 11am CST and had no problem downloading apps. Probably just the rush of new Droid / Eris owners.

4. shrosin

shrosin Lurker

Dec 11, 2009
    i got the eris and too am having problems downloading apps. the downloading stream is constant and has been going for about 2 hours now, yet no apps have downloaded. first tried on 3G then on wifi.

advice?

5. LEP

LEP Newbie

Dec 9, 2009
    Hotelier
    Lake Garda, Italy
    It could be a bit slow because here in Europe the motorola milestone (aka droid) just came out. Ive being going crazy downloading apps from the App market place too. I can imagine everybody is now here doing the same thing. Anyway it has been nice and fast for me.