1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems while ugrading to JB, now Kies won't recognize

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wiltedmagnolia, Jun 27, 2013.

1. wiltedmagnolia

I started the JB Upgrade last night, let it run overnight. When I checked it this morning, it said it had encountered a problem, and to run Emergency Recovery. I tried doing that, but now it doesn't recognize my device. I took the battery out and restarted.

Now what can I do? I appreciate any help you can give me.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wiltedmagnolia

My phone says ''Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again'' This doesn't go away.

3. wiltedmagnolia

Also, I've tried the power/volume up combo, and can't get it to go off that screen. I removed the battery every time I did this.

4. dragula2012

dragula2012 Member

I assume you own a galaxy s2 from AT&T if so, remove the battery and put it back.
    Enter download mode the usual way: with the phone off, hold down vol- (but not power) while plugging in the usb cable. Run Kies . Next click emergency firmaware recovery. Try to use a different usb port. If that doesn't work let me know.

5. wiltedmagnolia

Yes, I do. Sorry, I just thought this sub-forum was specific for that model :(

I did the Volume keys while plugging in the USB. It goes to the Android guy and Either Continue or not, about downloading a Custom OS.

6. wiltedmagnolia

I tried to go ahead using Odin, since I got it to the download screen, but keep getting a Fail message.

7. dragula2012

dragula2012 Member

is your phone rooted?
    why don't you get a stock tar from sammobile and flash it using odin? JB is available.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews